Donate to Bairo Pite Clinic
At Bairo Pite Clinic (BPC), we are committed to bringing effective health care to poor and vulnerable people in Timor-Leste (East Timor). Timor-Leste is only 450 km from Australia.
BPC was started by Dr Dan Murphy, an Irish American Doctor, who arrived in 1998 and continues to work there every day of the year. There are 55 in-patient beds, an extensive out-patient consulting service for approximately 200 people a day.
Over the past five years the BPC has achieved amazing things:
- Treated 70,000 children, women and men as outpatients each year.
- Cared for up to 2,000 inpatients every year.
- Nurses, healthcare assistants, and Community Birth Assistants.
- Diagnosed and treated one third of all TB inflicted patients in Timor Leste.
- Helped mothers and children survive child birth.
- Ran effective, HIV diagnosis, counselling and treatment program.
- Our mobile clinics visited outlying communities offer essential health care to these people.