United States Association of Blind Athletes (USABA)
Code of Conduct and Member Agreement
This Code applies to athletes, staff and volunteers who are members of USABA and participate in USABA events.
I pledge to uphold the spirit of the United States Association of Blind Athletes (USABA) Code of Conduct (the "Code"), which offers a guide to my conduct as a member of the United States Association of Blind Athletes. I acknowledge that I have a right to a hearing if my opportunity to compete is denied or if I am charged with a violation of this Code.
I have familiarized myself with the Code and understand that acceptance of its provisions is a condition of my membership in USABA.
As a Member of USABA, I hereby promise and agree that:
- I have acted and will act in a sportsmanlike manner consistent with the spirit of fair play and responsible conduct;
- I will not commit a doping violation as defined by the Olympic/Paralympic Movement Anti-Doping Code (OMADC), World Anti-Doping Agency (WADA), the United States Anti-Doping Agency (USADA), (USOC) or the International Blind Sports Federation (IBSA) rules;
- I am not currently serving a doping violation and/or do not have a pending or unresolved doping charge;
- I will not engage in any conduct that is criminal under any laws applicable to me, including, but not limited to laws governing the possession and use of drugs and alcohol and providing of drugs to any person and of alcohol to minors;
- I am eligible to participate under the rules of USABA;
- I will respect the property of others whether personal or public;
- I will respect members of my team, other teams, volunteers, spectators and officials, and engage in no form of discriminatory behavior or verbal, physical or sexual harassment or abuse;
- If I am a coach or staff member, I will complete United States Olympic Committee (USOC) Safe Sport Program training and will comply with the full spirit and intent of the program;
- I will act in a way that will bring respect and honor to myself, my teammates, USOC and/or USABA and the United States; and
- I will remember that at all times I am an ambassador for my sport, my country and the Paralympic Movement.
I also acknowledge and agree to the following:
- I risk bodily injury, including paralysis, dismemberment and death as well as loss or damage to property;
- I knowingly and freely assume all such risk;
- I hereby authorize and give my full consent to USABA to copyright and/or publish any and all photographs, videotapes and/or film in which I appear while attending any USABA event. I further agree that USABA may transfer, use or cause to be used these photographs, videotapes or films for any exhibitions, public displays, publications, commercials, art and advertising purposes and television programs without limitations or reservations; and
- I, for myself and on behalf of my heirs, assigns and next of kin, hereby release, hold harmless and promise not to sue the United States Association of Blind Athletes, their officers, officials, agents and/or employees, with respect to any such injury, paralysis, dismemberment, death and/or loss or damage to property except that which is the result of gross negligence and/or wanton misconduct.
I have read and accept this Code of Conduct and Program Participant Agreement. I agree to the rules, guidelines, jurisdiction and procedures stated in these documents as a condition of maintaining my USABA membership. For athletes of minority age – (under 18 at time of registration), this is to certify that I, as a parent/guardian of this participant, consent to his/her release of the United States Olympic Committee and the United States Association of Blind Athletes from any and all liabilities incident to his/her involvement in the programs conducted at authorized training and competition sites.
By checking here, this is to certify that I, or as a parent/guardian of this participant, have read and accept this Code of Conduct and Program Participant Agreement. I agree to the rules, guidelines, jurisdiction and procedures stated in these documents as a condition of maintaining my USABA membership.