The Bay Area Street Pantry is a program of The Conservancy Corp. a charitable, non-profit organization with a mission to alleviate hunger by providing nutritious food and nutrition education to people in need, educating the public, and promoting public policies that address hunger and its root causes. The Bay Area Street Pantry regularly engages volunteers in its activities. In consideration for my ability to participate in Street Pantry activities, by signing below, I, the Volunteer (or the Volunteer’slegal guardian, on the Volunteer’s behalf), agree that:
1. Policies and Safety Rules. For my safety and that of others, I will comply with the Food Bank’s volunteer policiesand safety rules and its other directions for all volunteer activities. CLOSED-TOE SHOES ARE REQUIRED.
2. Awareness and Assumption of Risk. I understand that my volunteer activities may have inherent risks that may arisefrom the activities themselves, the Street Pantry’s operations, my own actions or inactions, or the actions or inactions of theStreet Pantry, its directors, officers, employees and agents, other volunteers, and others present at the Street Pantry. These risks may include, but are not limited to, working around vehicles, lifting objects, and performing repetitive tasks. I assume fullresponsibility for any and all risks of bodily injury, death or property damage caused by or arising directly or indirectlyfrom my presence or participation at Street Pantry program sites or participation in Street Pantry activities, regardless of thecause.
3. Waiver and Release of Claims. I waive and release any and all claims against the Bay Area Street Pantry, its directors, officers, employees, volunteers and affiliates (collectively, the “Released Parties”), for any liability, loss, damages, claims, expenses and attorneys’ fees resulting from death, or injury to my person or property, caused by or arising directly or indirectly from my presence at the Street Pantry, or participation in activities on behalf of the Street Pantry, regardless of the cause and even if caused by negligence, whether passive or active. I agree not to sue any of the Released Parties on the basis of these waived and released claims. I waive the protections of Section 1542 of the California Civil Code, which provides that a general release does not extend to certain claims not known to me at the time I signed this waiver and release. I understand that the Street Pantry would not permit me to volunteer without my agreeing to these waivers and releases.
4. Medical Care Consent and Waiver. I authorize the Street Pantry to provide to me first aid and, through medical personnel of its choice, medical assistance, transportation, and emergency medical services. This consent does not impose a duty upon the Street Pantry to provide such assistance, transportation, or services. In addition, I waive and release any claims against the Released Parties arising out of any first aid, treatment, or medical service, including the lack or timing of such, made in connection with my volunteer activities with the Street Pantry.
5. Indemnification. I will defend, indemnify, and hold the Released Parties harmless from and against any and all loss, damages, claims, expenses and attorney’s fees that may be suffered by any Released Party resulting directly or indirectly from my volunteer activities for the Street Pantry, except and only to the extent the liability is caused by the gross negligence or willful misconduct of the relevant Released Party.
6. Publicity. I consent to the unrestricted use of my image, voice, name and/or story in any format including video, print orelectronic (collectively the “Materials”) that the Released Parties or others may create in connection with my participation in activities at or for the Street Pantry. The Street Pantry may make the Materials available at its discretion to third parties, including photos or streamed or other videos, on the Street Pantry’s website and internal displays, in the Street Pantry’spublications, or through any other media, including social networking websites. I waive any right to inspect or approve the finished product and acknowledge that I am not entitled to any compensation for creation or use of the finished product.
7. Confidentiality. As a volunteer, I may have access to sensitive or confidential information. This information includes, but is not limited to, identity, address, contact information, credit card numbers, and financial information of The Street Pantry clients, volunteers, donors, and staff. At all times during and after my participation, I agree to hold in confidence and not disclose or use any such confidential information except as required in my Street Pantry volunteer activities or as expressly authorized in writing by the Street Pantry’s Executive Director.
8. Volunteer Not an Employee. I understand that (i) I am not an employee of the Street Pantry, (ii) that I will not be paidfor my participation, and (iii) I am not covered by or eligible for any insurance, health care, worker’s compensation, or other benefits. I may choose at any time not to participate in an activity, or to stop my participation entirely, with the Street Pantry.
Share This Form