If you would like to get more information about our organization and its projects, please visit our website at www.thecureisnow.org.
At the bottom of each question, there is a text box for you to add additional text should you want to. We ask that you use the textbox for any questions, comments and/or suggestions you might have. Your answers help us make important decisions about our operations. Please be as detailed, candid and objective as possible. Thank you!
Section 1: About You
This section will request general information about the person completing the questionnaire. (We will not share your personal information with anybody outside our organization)
Section 2: Image and Perception
This section will gather information about our organization's public image & perception. This is important because ity helps us evolve our communications strategy & operations, thus making us more effective in our programs.
We suggest that you review the case statement abstract. (It can be found on our website or at the below link - click on the logo) Reading the case statement abstract will provide you with insight into our organization, it will also enable you to get a better understand of the questions we will be asking throughout the survey.
1. Which statement best expresses you're thoughts on the Case Statement Abstract?
2. For the next question, we ask that you read over our elevator pitch.
The Cure Is Now is developing new treatments for diseases using emerging and advanced technologies.
Why do we need The Cure Is Now?
The Cure Is Now is a science and technology advocacy and research organization. Applying new technology to a variety of medical needs is our goal. One of our many programs is to develop, adapt and converge disparate and emerging technologies in brilliant and innovative ways that result in breakthrough medical solutions. There is a social routine where unfortunate friends and relatives of disease stricken loved ones rally around a cause centered at “stamping out” or “beating a disease.” The Cure Is Now additionally believes in how something called the Technological Singularity will yield new science that will give us the tools to eliminate many diseases.
We are not so bold as to think that we can solely tackle all of the diseases in the world, when thousands of such organizations have failed to do so collectively - it is precisely the opposite. We are the only medical research & advocacy organization with specific programs that are developing the technologies that other organizations will be able to utilize to achieve their individual missions. Just like small pox and polio were eradicated because of technological advancements, other diseases will eventually be eliminated too. The Cure Is Now admires and respects the efforts of the multitude of non-governmental organizations and charities, which support and rally the victims and associates of whatever particular disease has affected their lives. We also don't believe there is an urgent need for yet another cancer or AIDS or similar type of charity pop up because the many thousands of organizations that are currently out there do more than enough to address the issues that they are focused on.
The Cure is Now does not believe in duplicating the efforts of these fine, world-class institutions, which is why The Cure Is Now is an established leader in applying groundbreaking and “Singularity Technologies” to the medical field. No other organization matches our programs and operations, nor offers the unique solutions we do. This is not because others haven't wanted to find cures. What makes The Cure is Now’s situation is different in that breakthrough technological opportunities are just now unfolding before us, and the next several years ahead will be the fulcrum where a fundamental paradigm-shift occurs and The Cure is Now will take advantage of this.
For example, imagine the world many hundred of years from now where mankind has become sufficiently advanced and a great number of human ailments and diseases have been eliminated via technology-based cures. Many of today’s epidemics like cancer, AIDS and Alzheimer’s disease will be treated with nothing more than a routine trip to the doctor’s office.
This website offers very clear, detailed and unambiguous information including specifics on our plan and the details of programs that will be utilized to achieve the goal in our mission statement: the elimination of disease through technology. We Need The Cures, The Time Is Now, The Cure Is Now!
Do you like the Elevator Pitch?
3. Prior to taking this survey, have you ever heard of The Cure Is Now? If so, please let us know where?
4. What is your overall understanding of The Cure Is Now?
5. How well do you understand what The Cure Is Now is trying to accomplish?
6. The Cure Is Now's mission statement is:
The Cure Is Now is a national, non-profit organization dedicated to eliminating acquired, congenital, and developmental diseases. Our cornerstone philosophy is to use a convergence of emerging technologies to combat diseases at the root level. Operational programs include: awareness campaigns, education initiatives, and scientific research. The objective is to eradicate disease as a major health problem by managing programs designed to further scientific development. We need the cures. The time is now. The Cure Is Now!
Which statement best expresses you're thoughts on The Cure Is Now mission statement?
7. Now that you have read our mission statement, do you think it is well thought out?
8. The Cure Is Now prides itself on its role in helping society leverage emerging and speculative technologies into becoming medical cures. We would like to know how you perceive us in the following categories: reputation, image, identity and visibility.
9. The Cure Is Now is constantly making improvements based on the public’s opinion and needs. The Cure Is Now would like to hear what you think about these plans. Below we have a few statements we would like you to review and help us determine whether it is a viable approach for The Cure Is Now to take.
The Cure Is Now 1st phase wants to commence by supporting independent research groups.
Which choice best matches you're opinion?
The Cure Is Now 2nd phase will be to develop a small research facility, staffed with researchers working on several research projects.
The Cure Is Now 3rd phase is to run a world-class research facility whereby, emerging and speculative technologies will be developed, together with the most elite scientists and researchers in their respective fields.
Section 3: Regenerative Medicine
In this section you will answer questions about Regenerative Medicine. Regenerative Medicine is one of The Cure Is Now main areas of focus.
Regenerative Medicine – repairing, replacing and regenerating cells, tissues or organs to reconstruct normal function. Regenerative Medicine focuses on three main areas of research: Medical Devices and Artificial Organs, Tissue Engineering, and Biomaterial and Cellular Therapies. The Cure Is Now is dedicated to the acceleration of Clinical Translation.
One of The Cure Is Now objectives is to help mature Regenerative Medicine as a field to the point where patients can have custom engineered, safe and readily and affordable available medical solutions through the miracle of science. An example of this is a person who needs a new heart being able to get one immediately if and when they need it.
10. What are your thoughts on Regenerative Medicine as a major project?
Section 4: The Cure Is Now's 3 Programs
In this section you are required to evaluate The Cure Is Now 3 programs respectively: Awareness Campaigns, Education Initiatives and Research Programs. Refer to the aformentioned descriptions of these programs when answering these questions.
The Cure Is Now is dedicated to raising awareness about the opportunity that we as a human society have in regards to science and technology. Breakthroughs in stem cell research, nanotechnology, biochemistry, genetics, neurology and bioengineering often go unnoticed by the public at large. The Cure is Now is dedicated to raising awareness about these discoveries and applications to the general public.
The Cure Is Now utilizes several approaches for community outreach including: "We Are The Cure" benefit album, films, videos, print material, webpages, social networking and our Community Outreach Vehicle (COV).
The Cure Is Now would like to educate the public on our mission and programs. There are many ways this can be accomplished. We feel one of the best ways for the public to really appreciate the severity of the challenge we face is to keep them properly informed. Knowledge is power. We know and understand that not everybody visiting our website and becoming part of the organization's movement is going to have a technical, scientific, or medical background. But what the general public can understand, the general public can support. That is why it is important to emphasize why we stand out, and why you should contribute. Through extensive research, we have learned from scientists and doctors alike, many a valuable insight into emerging advanced technologies, specifically: nano/bio/information technologies, and combined cognitive sciences technology. In addition to the conventional, mainstream research methods, we also understand the importance of stem cell research, gene therapy, and most importantly, unknown and emerging methods, which will become the cornerstones of our success.
The Cure Is Now is already planning to fund one of the world’s most advanced research facilities dedicated to eliminating disease as a cause of human suffering and death. We aim to use advanced technological approaches to solving age-old problems through creative thinking, unconventional approaches, in addition to conventional medicine and general science. This will yield the answers for which we have been searching. Think of it in these terms: 500 people working full time in every imaginable discipline, with projects running 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. There are advantages to doing it this way: By having a closely-knit team led by some of the brightest minds in the world, things happen fast. We want to give the brilliant minds of today and tomorrow the tools they need to succeed. Our floor plan includes several laboratories. Why is this needed?
16. Of our 3 programs: Awareness Campaigns, Education Initiatives and Research Programs, which do you think is the most vital program to our organization?
17. Do you think we coherently identified and explained our goals and programs?
Section 5: Leadership/Organizational Potential
This section will examine numerous ways people can assist the organization.
20. In order to properly build an organization and develop a fundraising effort, The Cure Is Now must create a strong volunteer organization. Whom would you suggest for the listed positions?
Potential Science Advisory Board & Committee Members (members who will act in an advisory capacity on the activities of The Cure Is Now. Typical Board positions are: Science Advisory Board, Medical Advisory Board, and The Committee on Advanced & Speculative Technologies)
Volunteer Program Advisor/Partners (will facilitate the organizations outreach development, assist with program development etc.)
The Start-up campaign committee (members will need to discuss the best approach for the organizations fundraising campaign.)
Campaign Chairperson or Co-Chairperson (duties will involve coordinating operations such as: fundraising, advertising, etc.)
Corporate/Foundation Chairperson (review and evaluate the corporate and foundation funding)
Program Chairperson (identify and assess programs, evaluate whether programs are working or not etc.)
21. The Cure Is Now is interested in seeking advice about our organization from like-minded individuals and groups. Can you suggest any compatible people who are keen to review our organization and offer constructive feedback? (Can you please indicate any names of people who may be interested in assisting The Cure Is Now)
23. In order for our organization to survive and expand, we need gifts from other sources: individuals, corporations, and foundations. Would you be willing to help secure significant gifts?
24. If you were able to secure significant gifts, whom would you approach (individuals, corporations, foundations)? (Can you please list details of people who may be interested in supporting The Cure Is Now)
Section 6: Non-profit Organizations/Charities
This section will examine other non-profit organizations which you may support. We would like to learn about how you select which organizations are worthy of your involvement.
25. Perhaps you are involved in other non-profit organizations. What are your top 3 organizations/causes you support? Please list the name, number, email, and address of the organizations you support.
26. Before donating to an organization it is understandable that you may want to get more insight into the particular charity. Where do you gather this information from, before giving?
32. What encourages you to donate to charities?
Section 7: Fund raising potential and Philanthropic Support
This section focuses on potential fund raising efforts, as well building a case for philanthropic support:
37. What prevents you from donating more?
39. What is your yearly income, before taxes?
40. When you add up all your annual gifts, what percentage of your household gross income do you give annually to non-profit organizations or charities?
41. What factors affect your giving decision?
42. Our organization relies on the generosity of donations. If the campaign is to be successful, significant gifts will be needed – particularly in the Advanced Leadership Gift Phase. Can you identify any individuals, organizations/groups, corporations/businesses, foundations, or other sources that could contribute to The Cure Is Now’s campaigns, potentially over 3 – 5 year period? (Can you please list details of people who may be interested in supporting The Cure Is Now)
43. The Cure Is Now needs gifts from people and/or groups who are willing to help support our cause. Would you be willing to make an annual gift to The Cure Is Now, potentially for a period of 3 – 5 years?
44. Would you support The Cure Is Now in the future? If so, how would you be willing to support The Cure Is Now? (Please check all the boxes that are applicable)
45. If you were willing to financially support The Cure Is Now, in what capacity would you be willing to do so? (Please check all the boxes that are applicable.)
46. Would you consider making planned/estate gifts to the campaign?
47. If you were willing to support our cause, when would you be prepared to begin contributions?