Ways You Can Make a Contribution
Easily make a one-time gift, or set up a monthly pledge using the secure form below.
Or, consider any of the other following options:
- a check or money order payable to The Place of Refuge can be sent directly to either our North Philadelphia office or to our P.O. Box:
The Place of Refuge
P.O. Box 60895
Philadelphia, PA 19133
- through guidestar.org, where Refuge’s top tier GOLD rating (since 2016) reflects our firm commitment to our mission, programming, transparency, and the conduct of all our legal and financial responsibilities
- through Amazon Smile when you checkout at smile.amazon.com
- give through the United Way, designate agency#: 49946
- or check with your workplace to see if yours is among the hundreds of enterprise companies who have chosen to bring their social mission to life with the fundraising technology behind Benevity | at benevity.com simply search our cause, and you’ll find us there: The Place of Refuge
*Trauma defies simplified order. Some healing takes more, and some takes less. An expert in the field of trauma treatment, Judith Herman, M.D. of Harvard University, was able to show that someone suffering with traumatic memories will require at least 12-20 therapy sessions (depending on the severity of the exposure) before they can enter the third and final stage of resolution - reconnecting to the world.
The National Center for PTSD and the National Institute for Health and Clinical Excellence also agree with these findings.
Share This Form